Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Beasts of the Southern Wild by Christiane Butler


The way the film was made, specifically the shaking/un-steady camera and narration by Hushpuppy, at first made me think that we were watching a documentary. Then the story became too fantastical and I realized it was a fiction work. I think this made me feel more connected to the characters, as if they were real.
The movie was very quick, it started with a great introduction to build up the characters. Once I had a good understanding of the main characters the movie whisked us away on an adventure, I couldn't look away and I was rooting for Hushpuppy and her father. The characters had enough good in them to make you root for them, but enough faults to make them believable. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and would happily recommend it to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment